Is abortion some kind of free lunch? Or does it have a hidden cost that we are simply afraid to examine? We regularly explore the hidden cost of many things -- absenteeism, drug addiction, drunken driving, even the common cold. Isn’t it time to challenge the high cost of abortion to us as a nation? Here in striking examples, a leading market researcher cites some hidden costs that should catch the attention of every concerned American.
(c) Copyright. 2013, The Movement for a Better America, Inc.
PO Box 472, Mt. Freedom, NJ 07970
Not for reproduction without permission.(Updated 4/26/2013)
By Dennis M. Howard
Total number of abortions in the United States 1967-2013: 56,605,430
Population of 82 largest U.S. cities: 56,628,114 (2011)
Number of babies aborted each year worldwide -- 50,000,000.
Number of babies aborted throughout the world since World War II:
More than 1.5 billion.
Top 3 countries in number of abortions annually:
1. Red China -- 11,000,000.
2. Former Soviet Union -- 6,000,000.
3. The United States -- 1,220,000 (Projected 2013)
Highest abortion/birth ratio in the world: The former Soviet Union
(300 abortions for every 100 live births, and declining)
Highest abortion/birth ratio in the United States: Washington, D.C.
(265 abortions for every 100 live births).
Number of Jews killed during the Nazi Holocaust - 6,000,000.
Number of American babies aborted since 9/11/2001 - 14,301,000 Number of American babies aborted during the Clinton presidency: 11,200,000 Number of babies aborted during Bush II presidency: 10,108,000 (-9.75%)
Number of blacks killed by lynching in the U.S. between 1864 and 1968:
4,946 (47.7 per year).
Number of black babies killed by abortion between 1973 and 2013:
18,778,000 (currently 450,000 per year)
Ratio of black babies killed by abortion to blacks killed by lynching:
3,796 to 1. Number of U.S. battle deaths in the 8-year American Revolution: 4,435 Number of babies aborted in one day in the U.S. today: 3,425
Number of U.S. battle deaths in 9-year Vietnam War from 1964 to 1973:
Number of abortions in the United States in 9 years from 1984 to 1993:
13,950,000 Ratio: 294.5 to 1
Number of American battle deaths in all U.S. wars since 1776: 650,503
Number of abortions in the United States 1967-2011: 54,900,000
Ratio of U.S. abortions to battle deaths in all U.S. wars: 84.4 to 1
Number of Americans of all ages and races murdered daily by handguns – 28
Number of American babies of all races killed every day by abortion – 3,425 Ratio of babies killed by abortion to people killed by handguns:
122.3 to 1
Number of American of all ages who start smoking every day -- 3,000.
Percentage of smokers who will die prematurely 50-70 years later: 30%.
Percentage of babies killed by abortion this year: 23.2%.
Years of life expectancy lost by the average smoker - 7 years.
Years of life expectancy lost by the average aborted baby - 78 years. Ratio: 11.1 to 1
Total years of life expectancy lost by aborted American babies since 1967: 4.27 billion life years.
Total distance from one end of the universe to the other:
10 billion light years.
Suicide rate for women following a live birth: 5.9 per 100,000.
Suicide rate for women following an abortion: 34.7 per 100,000.
Increased risk: 488%
Increased risk of breast cancer in women who abort a first pregnancy: 100%.
Increased risk of breast cancer in women with 2 or more abortions: 300%.
Increased risk of breast cancer in women under 18 who abort: 150%
Increased risk of breast cancer in women under 18
with a family history of breast cancer who abort: 1000%
Percentage of adult men and women (18-64) who have been involved in 1 or more abortions: 25% (1 out of 4)
Percentage of adult men and women (18-64) who will admit to an abortion: 10% (1 out of 10)
Typical cost for an abortion in the United States today - $400
Estimated cost of preventing an abortion through early education of young people - $25
Number of babies who could be saved by a $400 donation - 146
(Early education is the most cost effective way to prevent abortion)
Estimated future GDP gain of a baby saved from abortion: $25,000,000
Ratio to cost of an average abortion: 71,430 to 1
Est. total U.S. GDP loss to date for 56,605,430 abortions: $50 trillion (2013)
Estimated future U.S. GDP loss by 2040 if abortion continues:
Your share of this future loss: $1,290,325
Notes: Basic Data drawn from the U.S. Statistical Abstract, and World Almanac with projections and analysis by the Movement for a Better America. Abortion data based on published data from Guttmacher Institute. For permission to distribute copies of The Abortion Index, write to:
Movement for a Better America PO Box 472, Mt. Freedom, NJ 07970-0472
Pro-abortion politicians will give Planned Parenthood $1100 for every baby they abort in the U.S. this year. To win the battle against abortion, we need to a) defund Planned Parenthood and b) prevent future abortions through preventive education aimed at young people 13-30. That's when 80% of all abortions occur. Your gift can help change young hearts and minds about abortion before they happen. To help, just click on the donation button. Or mail your donation to: Movement for a Better America, PO Box 472, Mt. Freedom, NJ 07970. And thanks for your donation!
Special Book Offer! All Six of these Pro-Life Books, Videos, and Special Reports with your donation of $50 or more . . .
1. Miss Teach: A Memoir Handwritten with Love.“Read this book and laugh and cry and wonder as I did.”So writes the late Winifred Fletcher in her touching foreword to Miss Teach, the heartwarming recollections of Anne I. Remis, a pioneer Rochester teacher in the field of education for children with disabilities. In this touching memoir, Miss Remis shares the experience, strength and hope she found in the course of her 29-year career during that not-so-long-ago time when education for children with disabilities was in its infancy. It is an inspiring story for all who love children, and a marvelous example of the power of what one person can do who dedicates his or her life to the service of others. A wonderful gift of hope for parents of children with disabilities and a great way to say “Thank you” to a favorite teacher. (Regularly $10 plus shipping.) 2. The Abortion Bomb,An MBA Special Report by Dennis M. Howard. MBA founder connects the current economic malaise and the end of the secular bull market to the fundamental demographic trends that predicted an economic decline that threatens to be as serious as the Great Depression.
3. MBA's original introductory video featuring Dennis Howard and Guest Host John Tomicki discussing the economic impact of abortion and the effect of America's moral and social decline on the future of the family. Excellentfor use by pro-life, pro-family discussion groups. Includes two 28-minute programs: The Abortion Bomb and A Nation in Need of Healing. (VHS - originally $19.95)
4. Making Abortion Rare,A Healing Strategy for a Divided Nation by David Reardon, Ph.D. Outlines a compassionate and comprehensive program of pastoral, political, educational, and medical reform. Redefines the abortion debate for all time. 204 pp. (Regularly $14.95.)
5.The Jericho Plan, Breaking Down the Walls that Prevent Post-Abortion Healing by David Reardon, Ph.D. Be a healer. Learn how to help others -- or yourself -- find emotional and spiritual healing after abortion. Must reading for every pastor and those involved in church pro-life ministries. (Regularly $8.95)
6. Dennis Howard's classic interview with the late John Cardinal O'Connor.Still as timely as the day it was done. This brilliant interview clearly delineates the growing public fear "from the kinds of laws legislators are capable of passing and of what people in the executive branches of government will do to get elected." O'Connor was not just a Cardinal, but a political scientist with a clear vision of where the culture of death is taking us as a people. It stands as a clarion call to all who honor the culture of life.
Receive all six with your donation of $50 or more.
To order, use the donation button below or write to us at: The Movement for a Better America PO Box 472, Mt. Freedom, NJ 07970 - 0472